Hello! I’m an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore, where I direct the Collaborative Learning and Adaptive Robots (CLeAR) group.
My research interests are in human-AI/robot interaction, machine learning, and robotics. My recent work has been on human-robot trust, encoding prior knowledge into deep models, and event-based tactile learning. Before coming to NUS, I worked on robots that help children get around, continuous robot/machine learning, controlling disease spread, and self-driving cars.
- 6 May 2020: Our work on Visual + Tactile Event-Driven Perception was just accepted to RSS 2020! PDF coming soon!
- 28 Feb 2020: Awarded a Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for 2018/19!
- 24 Feb 2020: Our work on deep generative modeling via characteristic functions was just accepted at CVPR 2020 and selected for oral presentation!
- 12 Jan 2020: Congratulations to Yaqi who has just won a Research Achievement Award!
- 11 Jan 2020: Two Late Breaking Reports (one on Situational Awareness and Human-Robot Trust and the other on deep learning for cooperative tasks) accepted to HRI 2020 in Cambridge!
- 9 Dec 2019: I’m at NeurIPS 2019. If you’re attending and looking for a postdoctoral fellowship in human-AI/robot collaboration, please send me an email!
- 11 Nov 2019: Our joint work with Tan Zhi Xuan and Desmond Ong on multi-modal time-series learning was just accepted to AAAI 2020!
- 4 Sept 2019: Our work on embedding logic formulas (specifically, d-DNNFs) to improve deep learning was just accepted to NeurIPS 2019! A great collaboration with with Xu Ziwei, Kuldeep Meel, and Mohan Kankanhalli.
- 5th August 2019: Abdul Fatir has won a Research Achievement Award! Congratulations Fatir!
- 5th July 2019: Our work on Multi-Task Trust Transfer for Human-Robot Interaction was just accepted to IJRR! Read about our recent work on Human-Robot Trust.
- 27 May 2019: Check out our Tech Feature in the Block71 newsletter.
- 28 Jan 2019: Our work on tactile (touch-based) texture classification was accepted to ICRA 2019.
- 17 Jan 2019: Won a Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for 2017/18