Hello! I’m an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore, where I direct the Collaborative Learning and Adaptive Robots (CLeAR) group.
My research interests are in broadly in human-AI/robot interaction, machine learning, and robotics. I’m particularly interested in developing trustworthy collaborative robots. On this research journey, we’re building some fundamental building blocks, including computational trust models, methods for encoding prior knowledge or constraints into expressive (deep) models, and touch/tactile learning for physical interaction.
- 7 Sept 2020: Our review paper on Trust in Robots has just been published in Current Robotics Reports. Congratulations to Bingcai on the paper!
- 4 August 2020: Congratulations to Tasbolat who has just won a Research Achievement Award!
- 1 July 2020: Congratulations to Eugene Lim who won the NUS Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award for his work on deep models for collaboration and Juiced!
- 30 June 2020: Three papers accepted at IROS 2020 on
- Capability, Intent and Trust Calibration in Human Collaboration by Joshua, Jeffrey and Bingcai
- Spiking Graph Neural Network for Event-based Tactile Object Recognition by Fuqiang, Weicong and Tasbolat
- Fast Tactile-based Texture Classification Using Spiking Neural Network also by Tasbolat in collaboration with Wu Yan at A*STAR!
- 6 May 2020: Our work on Visual + Tactile Event-Driven Perception was just accepted to RSS 2020!
- 28 Feb 2020: Awarded a Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for 2018/19!
- 24 Feb 2020: Our work on deep generative modeling via characteristic functions was just accepted at CVPR 2020 and selected for oral presentation!
- 12 Jan 2020: Congratulations to Yaqi who has just won a Research Achievement Award!
- 11 Jan 2020: Two Late Breaking Reports (one on Situational Awareness and Human-Robot Trust and the other on deep learning for cooperative tasks) accepted to HRI 2020 in Cambridge!