Hello! I’m an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore. My research interests are broadly in human-AI/robot interaction, machine learning, and robotics. I’m particularly fascinated by collaborative robots. Previously, I’ve worked on robots that help children get around, continuous robot/machine learning, controlling disease spread, and self-driving cars.
- 29 May 2019: Read about our recent work on Human-Robot Trust.
- 27 May 2019: Check out our Tech Feature in the Block71 newsletter.
- 17 April 2019: I’m actively looking for a postdoc (machine learning and robotics) and a research assistant (software development). Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- 28 Jan 2019: Our work on tactile (touch-based) texture classification was accepted to ICRA 2019.
- 17 Jan 2019: Won a Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for 2017/18
- 21 Nov 2018: Our paper on Robot Capability and Intent in Trust-based Decisions was just accepted for publication at HRI 2019 (24% Acceptance Rate).
- 1 Nov 2018: Our work on learning disentangled representations in VAEs via a hyperprior was just accepted to AAAI 2019 (16.2% Acceptance Rate).
- 10 July 2018: Our paper on Generation Meets Recommendation has just been accepted to ACM Recsys 2018 (Acceptance rate 17.7%, Best Long Paper Award Runner Up)
- 17 Apr 2018: Three papers accepted to three top conferences:
- 23 Feb 2018: Our paper on Planning with Trust for Human-Robot Collaboration was accepted to the ACM/IEEE HRI’18 (Finalist for the Best Paper Award).
- 1 Aug 2017: Gave a 1-day NUS Summer School course on Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HCAI) on 10th August 2017.
- 26 Apr 2017: I’m actively recruiting PhD students. If you’re interested in collaborative AI and Robots, find out more about joining!
- 15 Feb 2017: Excited to join the Dept. of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore as Assistant Professor!